What is Open edX®?
“One platform for all your learning needs.” – open.edx.org
Open edX® is the best open source LMS used for creating and managing online training material and courses. It was created in 2012 by computer scientists from Harvard University and MIT. Open edX® is highly scalable and is now the learning platform of choice for the vast majority of the world’s most recognisable organisations such as Microsoft, University of Oxford, Cornell University, United Nations (UNESCO) and Amnesty International, plus many more. You can learn more about the standard features and plugins available in Open edX® by clicking the buttons below.
Open edX® Facts
• Used by 9 of 10 highest ranked universities (Times Higher Education) such as University of Oxford, Harvard University, MIT, Stanford University, Princeton University, Norland, and more.
• Used by the world’s most recognisable companies such as Starbucks, Microsoft, World Bank, Indonesia Stock Exchange, United Nations and more.
• Used by 20+ governments including France, China, Russia, Mexico, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and more.
• Used by 40+ million people worldwide.
• The original code for Open edX® was written by Dr Piotr Mitros from MIT.
• The Open edX® community is the world’s biggest open source education community and is led by Ned Batchelder from Open edX®.
• Open edX® is open source and our company ABC Online Courses can install Open edX® and customise it for you.